Thursday, April 28th, 2022
The Crew Was Dispatched this morning to investigate a possible tree and wires down in roadway, Arriving units noticed no wires involved and tree was already removed from roadway. Units cleared and ret...
Wednesday, April 27th, 2022
Units were dispatched for a motor vehicle accident. Arriving units assisted ems with patient care, while others cleaned up a minor spill
Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
While Crews were working in Kent, GVFD first responders requested to assist the ambulance for a fall. Both calls cleared up at the same time.
Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
Around 815pm the GVFD was dispatch to the town of Kent for a possible structure fire, While crews were enroute,,Kent Fire was able to find the fire in the wall. We provided Coverage for their station ...
Saturday, June 18th, 2022
We will be hold an open house on June 18th starting at 10amCome see the Fire Trucks, Tour the firehouse, meet our members.The New Milford Fire Marshals Office will be attending to educated on fire saf...
Monday, May 30th, 2022
The Gaylordsville Vol. Fire Department will be holding its annual parade Starting at 8am Monday May 30th, 2022Come on by and see the parade
Tuesday, January 4th, 2022
After our Annual Department meeting, The following Members were Elected to to lead the Gaylorfsville Vol. Fire DepartmentChief: Tyler BergmannAssistant Chief : Doug LeachCaptain: John Oviatt1st Lieute...
Saturday, July 31st, 2021
picture
Doing a little but of drafting with Engine 41
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The children's pajamas fail to meet the tight-fitting flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Screws can become loose and/or detach from the xylophone component of the activity tables, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The coffee cup can crack or break when hot water is poured into it, posing a burn hazard.

A software malfunction in the electrical system can continue to provide assistance to the motor, causing continued momentum, when the rider is not actively controlling the hoverboard, posing fall and injury hazards.

The recalled vehicles can have a damaged fuel tank causing fuel to leak, posing fire and explosion hazards.

The children's robes fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

 

The children's robes fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The snaps on the recalled garments can detach and also expose small sharp prongs, posing choking and laceration hazards to young children.   

The recalled recumbent trikes front axles were improperly assembled during manufacturing. The axles can come loose during use, causing the rider to lose control, posing crash and injury hazards.

The latch mechanism that holds the battery in place can malfunction, causing the battery to dislodge from the frame and fall to the ground, posing a fall hazard to the rider.  Additionally, the latch spring can cause additional wear on the battery housing over time, posing a fire hazard.

Hot liquids in the bottle can cause the bumper to shrink, making the bottle tilt over spilling out contents, posing a burn hazard.

An incorrectly routed battery cable can contact the prop shaft during use, which can result in an electrical short, posing a fire hazard.

The weld on the chair's frame can fail, posing a fall hazard. 

The electronic start/stop button on the pressure washer can malfunction and self-start, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if the unit is in a confined space.

The bunny basket's eyes can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. 

The product contains the substance methyl salicylate which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The gear shift assembly can detach from the crankcase, resulting in unintentional gear shifting, posing a crash hazard.  

The handle on the Norwex ceramic knives can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.    

The blanket can overheat if left plugged in and powered on for an extended period of time, posing fire and burn hazards.  

The children's pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The air fryers and air fryer ovens can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

The recalled mattresses failed to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.

The toy's rolling cylinder can separate, exposing the balls inside, posing a choking hazard to children.

The hex bolts in the overhead garage storage racks can be defective, causing the rack to collapse from the ceiling, posing an impact injury hazard.  

The glue gun can malfunction when plugged in, posing fire and burn hazards.

The products are dietary supplements containing iron which must be in child-resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child-resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The products contain the substance lidocaine which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed or placed on the skin of young children.

The freezer handle can detach when a consumer tries to open the freezer drawer, posing a fall hazard to the consumer.

 

Due to a manufacturing issue, small parts from the products can come loose, posing a choking hazard to young children.    

The riding mowers can fail to come to a complete stop and continue to move at a speed of about one mile per hour when the clutch/brake pedal is fully depressed, posing a low speed crash hazard.

The internal part in the valve can malfunction while in use, causing loss of inflation and thermal protection, posing a risk of hypothermia to the consumer.

The product contains sodium hydroxide which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of chemical burns and irritation to the skin and eyes. In addition, the label on the product violates the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA) by omitting the mandatory information on the packaging.

The wall beds can detach from the wall and fall onto those nearby, posing serious impact and crush hazards. 

The white plastic seat can break, posing fall and injury hazards to children.

The rattle's legs can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The lithium-ion battery can overheat, posing a fire hazard.

The alarms can fail to alert consumers to the presence of a hazardous level of carbon monoxide, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or death. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas.

The locking mechanism can fail allowing access to the contents inside the chest, posing a risk of poisoning. 

The recalled helmets do not comply with the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury in a fall.


© 2022 Gaylordsville Volunteer Fire Department